Wednesday 16 September 2009

Music video outline and narrative

I have timed the piano piece section by section and where it is appropriate to the narrative. This has given me an outline to timings of each scene/shot of the video. Some timing will obviously change when it comes to editing but this is to give an idea of what will happen during the video.

0.00 - 0.11 : Barton Hills. LS of countryside - me alone in fields. CU --> MS throwing stone into stream.

0.12 : Pan from behind me playing piano. Varied shots of me playing such as MCU, birdseye, ECU of hands, piano hammers etc. / field shots

0.34 : MCU of me, reminiscing... memories/flashbacks in black and white/sepia - me and Chris together (e.g. hugging, low angled shots, laying down) All need to be in familiar places as I will appear alone in the places later on in the video. At end, Chris says goodbye, car drives away.

0.55 - 1.46 : Faster paced, mood of music changes. I am running after the car in frustration. Shots of me alone upset and angry, missing Chris. Shots of us together and fading (need to find out how to use effect).

1.54 : Main theme of music returns. Shots of me playing

2.15 : Me alone in places shot before of me and Chris. Need to be familiar landmarks/trees etc. / playing piano. Chris returns. LS - run to meet each other

2.38 : Sequence of previous shots - string of shots / Chris and me reunited.

3.00 : Playing piano happily and Chris listens.

3.33 : Walking hand in hand, pan up into sky/clouds. Maybe sunset?

3.45ish : End.

No comments:

Post a Comment