Wednesday 4 November 2009

Myleene Klass

I looked at Myleene Klass's promotional video for her new album. This is a highly professional video and will particularly help me in the stages of editing.


This is a really striking opening shot of Myleene as it is not a position we would expect to see as she has her back to us and is poised over the piano. The camera then introduces Myleene's face by an upwards crane shot.

Myleene's video also includes shots of her alone, which inspired me to do the same.

I noticed how the camera shots and angles of Mylenne playing the piano vary as not to appear repetitive, so I will need to make sure there are a variety of individual piano shots in my own video.







The clever lighting has a dramatic effect as viewers. Often in this video, bright light shines through the window often obscuring our view of Myleene for a split second. I personally love this effect and will approach similar lighting in a few of my shots (long shot of piano in the main school hall, and the medium shot). I tried to copy the lighting effect by using fade to white transitions during my video.

I particularly love the setting of the old house with the white floorboards and doors and partly furbished walls. It really suits the mood of the music.

This shot starts exactly on the first beat of the bar, i.e in time with the music. I think this is needed in some parts of a music video to emphasise the rhythms of the music. I too will use this idea in my music video.

I really liked the camera angle here and used one similar in my music video. I love the strong lighting to make the colour balance/contrast of the shot appear uneven.

This is a type of video effect used to create a new visual way of seeing a camera shot. In this shot, the video effect is called 'cyanotype'. I used a number of video effects available on iMovie called 'dream', 'beach bypass'.

No comments:

Post a Comment