Tuesday 14 July 2009

Thoughts and ideas

My first thoughts on making my own music video was to use original material from a local band. After thought on this I decided it would prove a little difficult to find the time for both the band and I to film. Then it occured to me, I will use myself as a solo artist. I will base the video on a solo piano performance with myself playing, directing a friend exactly how I want to be filmed.

I could use atmospheric film music to tell a story. The video would have two parts - varied shots of me playing the piano and also shots of something other that would tell the story. I was inspired by the film The Piano to take this kind of creative approach to my video, as not all videos include dancing and a strong beat! Instead, I will use an interesting approach by including lots of effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment